[ZODB-Dev] ZODB.POSException.ReadConflictError

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Mon Dec 22 23:51:16 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 13:59, Steve Alexander wrote:
> > MVCC, and breaking the dependence of
> > persistence on ExtensionClass, are the defining features of 3.3; they're
> > also likely to be defining features of Zope 2.8.
> >
> > I'm not as optimistic about dates as Jeremy, probably because I seem near
> > constantly to be pulled off ZODB in favor of "Zope issues" (nice euphemism
> > <wink>).  So if 3.3 has to wait on me, I've got no guess at all.  If Jeremy
> > can stay on it full-time, though, a January beta does look realistically
> > within reach.
>
> Ok. I assume "beta" means "feature freeze". So, if I want to back-port a
> feature from ZODB 4, and get that shipped with ZODB 3.3, I'll need to
> act fairly fast. What's the ZODB 3.3 branch called?

the head :-).  The Zope policy is to work from the head/trunk until
there is a beta release, then create a release branch.  There have been
several development branches for more disruptive features, like the new
persistent package and the MVCC work, but the trunk is still the right
place to add new features.

> Do you know of any plans to make a ZODB 4 -> ZODB 3.3 storage migration
> script?

I don't know of any.

Jeremy