[ZODB-Dev] Unofficial AdaptableStorage Wiki

Rocky Burt rocky.burt@bricsnet.com
20 Feb 2003 12:51:58 -0500

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 12:37, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've put up the Wiki that resulted from my work at Upfront Systems
> > earlier this month at:
> > http://zope.personalzope.nipltd.net/AdaptableStorage
>
> Let's call it the official wiki. :-)
>
> How do I log in?  I added a comment, but the formatting didn't work out,
> and I presume it won't let me edit a wiki page unless I'm logged in.

I wouldn't mind an account myself.  I think I may have some of my own
lessons to contribute ;)

> > It's basically a mind-map type thing of my understanding of how the bits
> > of AS fit together. If you're interested, please take a look and let me
> > know if you find anything that could be clearer or, particularly, if
> > there's anything up there that isn't correct or if you can fill in any
> > of the ?'s.
>
> Thanks for doing this, Chris.  Writing the initial documentation is
> terribly difficult on a project like this: I became so familiar with the
> project that I could hardly see how other people could be *unfamiliar*
> with it... if you know what I mean.  The solution to that dilemma is to
> give myself time, taking advantage of memory decay to make myself less
> familiar with the project, or let someone else try to document it.
>
> Shane

"if you know what I mean" --> well, I certainly do.  Had that happen
many times.

Personally, I'd like to see this project blast forward, and that makes
me hope/wish that your memory decay theory doesn't place ;)

If all goes well, I'll be using AdaptableStorage+Zope2.6 to power a site
with millions of RDBMS records full of client data.  But, with my recent
benchmarking, writing objects to AS/PostgreSQL is _much_ slower than to
FileStorage at this point.

Regards,
Rocky (r0ky)