[Zope-Coders] Re: [Zope] WebDAV Locks / 2.4.3/ MS Office 2000

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:57:44 -0500

Andreas Jung wrote:

> [...]

If you are adding code which is supposed to be effective only in
the presence of a particular request header, then it should be possible
to write a unit test which asserts that the feature occurs when that
header is present, but doesn't when not.  The information needed to
do the test is the same as the information needed to add the feature.

I am particularly concerned that code which gets added to the core to
work around bugs in clients be isolated, where possilble;  otherwise,
well-behaved clients pay the freight (increased complexity, and therefore
increased likelihood of bugs) for the buggy ones.

Tres.