[Zope-Coders] WebDAV switches, seperate ports and testing.

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:49:22 +0000

Tres Seaver wrote:

> You are also going to need to defend the changes, as they are
> potentially destabilizing for clients which do WebDAV correctly
> (at least if I understand to tag-end of the discussion I have
> seen so far).

Well, the best idea for now seems to be to provide a switch to disable WebDAV
functionality on the 'main' port.

I'd also like to run up a seperate HTTP server that serves out the same as the
'main' port (ie: rendered content) but on another port. That's changes to z2.py
I guess, so how would I test that?

> A unit tests for a feature which depends on a
> REQUEST header just needs to synthesize an appropriate request
> (i.e., it needs to pretend to be the publisher), no?

True I guess, but I don't think a REQUEST.setHeader would suffice (if such a
thing exists...) so how should we go about synthesising such a request?

cheers,

Chris