[Zope-dev] ZClasses Maintenance and Upgrade

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Tue Apr 17 01:31:20 EDT 2007

--On 16. April 2007 22:21:33 -0700 Christopher Lozinski
<lozinski at freerecruiting.com> wrote:

> > But I am not quite sure.   Anyone want to enlighten me on this matter.
> I may take the liberty of calling up Jim Fulton for him to explain the
> history to me.
>
> On a related matter I think it would be great if we do a version of
> ZClasses that used the new Zope 3 permissions in 5, and that worked with
> the new ZODB concurrency control mechanisms.

I think you are talking to a wall. ZClasses are dead...none of the current
maintainers cares about ZClasses...but we discussed that already a bunch of
times. Rewrite your apps from scratch using decent technologies - either on
top of Zope2/CMF or Zope 3.

Andreas