[ZWeb] zope-web area and zopelabs

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:55:00 +0100

Trevor Toenjes wrote:
> Since ZWeb is initiating the zope.org improvements and I expect it to stay
> this way...and all zope websites are grouped under the zope-web mailing
> list...then "LINKS" should be renamed "Zope-Webs", with a link that leads to
> a "About Zope-Web" page that...
> 1. explains the importance of zope-web to zope.org
> 2. how people can join the zope-web list
> 3. how they can start their own zope-web site
> 4. how they can post zope.org data to their own sites (XML, etc)
> 5. how to send feedback about what they want to see on zope.org, etc

How are you defining a 'zope-web'?  I don't think there is such a
collective noun at the moment.  Is it any site about Zope?

You are dead right, a front-page funnel for this effort would really
help in continuing and increasing community participation.

> And if I can sneak in a comment...
> It would be great to add a section to the homepage that includes the last 3
> posts of "Recipes" from Zopelabs.

ZopeZen does an excellent job of news, too, and we've discussed on IRC
how we could best make use of it.  My only concern about these kinds of
things was that they are efforts of individuals, so if those individuals
changed jobs / moved to patagonia / whatever, we'd lose important parts
of the community.  Perhaps this would be something to worry about when
it occured though.