[Zope] Can Zope handle multiple markup language?

Mike Krohn mike@krohn.org
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:08:03 -0700

I set up something a few months ago which sounds very like
what you are after. I used Phil Harris' nXMLDocument
product. I had my own XML-based page definition language
together with a style sheet which could translate to XHTML
or whatever, dependent on browser type. My XML was actually
the definition of the whole page structure and content,
rather than just data but that shouldn't make a difference.
The nXMLDoc product does the XSL translation as the page is
served. A bit like Cocoon.

It worked great. There were a few glitches in setting it up
but nothing serious (and I can't recall what they were so
thay can't have been anything much). The project got shelved
so I never did any performance testing. Otherwise it all did
exactly what it said on the tin.
....Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Firestar" <theebh@yahoo.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2001 5:05 AM
Subject: [Zope] Can Zope handle multiple markup language?

: Hi,
:
: I have not used Zope before, but i have heard a lot of
: new features in Zope such as ZPT Page Templates that
: address the issues of presentation. My question is -
: is it easy/fast to use Zope to serve content in
: MULTIPLE markup language?
:
: For e.g. I would like to customise my content (in XML)
: and deliver it as HTML (for PCs), WML (for WAP phones)
: and cHTML (for imode phones). Currently i am using
: XSLT/Java to do so and i was wondering whether Zope
: could do the same (perhaps in a simpler way?). And if
: a new markup language appears, will the solution be
: flexible enough to support it?
:
: Thanks in advance.
:
: Regards,
: Firestar
:
: Do You Yahoo!?
: Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
: http://personals.yahoo.com
:
: Zope maillist  -  Zope@zope.org
: **   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **
: (Related lists -
:  http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce