[Zope] ZOPE & PIL

Sumiya Sakoda sakoda@toyoake.or.jp
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:44:10 +0900

;; NK = "Norman Khine" <khine@o-a-l.net> said

NK> Here is couple of errors I got when compiling PIL

NK> o-a-l% make check
NK> ./coretest
NK> xv test.ppm
NK> xv:No such file or directory
NK> *** Error code 1 (ignored)

this is not a serious problem, because xv is just only a image viewer.
you don't have it in your system.

i tried to make a symbolik link from xview to xv then i could see a
beatiful woman :-)
or replace the other image viewer program in the source code.
or get xv (maybe it is share ware).

NK> cc -shared  ./_imaging.o ./decode.o ./encode.o ./map.o ./display.o
NK> ./outline.o ./path.o

NK> libImaging/libImaging.a -L/usr/home/khine/usr/local/lib -ljpeg -L/usr/home/k
NK> hine/usr/local/lib -lz  -o ./_imaging.so
NK> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -ljpeg
NK> *** Error code 1

you don't have libjpeg library or the system don't know where it is.

try this one.

# find / -name 'libjpeg.*'

if you find libjpeg library, check the library directory is written in
/etc/ld.so.conf

if you don't have the library, get this one from there.

http://www.ijg.org/

--
                                  Sumiya Sakoda <sakoda@toyoake.or.jp>