[Zope] Re: Largefile support error

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Thu Jun 3 18:02:42 EDT 2004

Hmmm.. that's an fairly old Linux kernel version (my best guess is ~Nov.
2001?).  I suspect your system doesn't do large files.  Did you try to
do the "dd" command that Josef suggested to see if you were able to
create large files at all?

If you can't, I think you'll need to upgrade your Linux kernel/glibc to
"something" that can handle it.  I dimly remember that this was a murky
task at the time with many steps and little hard information about which
kernel version and/or glibc versions to upgrade to, and little
information about whether some utilities needed to be recompiled to
handle large files.  It's probably easier to just upgrade to a later
distribution revision and not try to upgrade "in-place".