[Zope3-dev] Re: URLs & Paths

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 08 Dec 2001 15:29:24 +0000

Jim Fulton wrote:

> > I think they should behave in hte same way as URL traversal, with namespace
> > control. At this level, I think ';' is a perfectly good idea and makes life a
> > _lot_ easier. (the same benefits of being able to say you want the attribute
> > rather than the item apply...)
>
> Thanks. That's useful feedback.

:-)

> At the class level, of course you will be able to mix-in Acquisition.Implicit
> or Acquisition.Explicit. Even if a class mixes in neither, other
> objects will be able to use acquisition explicitly in a URL:
>
>   .../aContact/view;acquire

don't really follow that, what does that URL actually mean?

How would you say "I want to acquire the 'view' presentation component"?
How would you say "I don't want to acquire anything, gimme the 'list'
presentation component"?

> you are effectively acquiting the utility, because the search is placeful.

OK, that will hopefully make sense when I start using it :-)

> > On the topic of apps, I presume the choice of URL Traversal 'feature'(word still
> > sticks in the throat, sorry
>

> It looks like the term "feature" is unpopular and, thus will be changed. :)

yay :-)

> > ) will be made at the application level?
>
> Right.

*drooool* Anyone got a time machine? I want Zope 3 now :-)

Chris