[Zope3-dev] Brain Overload Problems

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:28:15 +0000

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > I can try to make the documentation really easy to follow with
> > examples everywhere and provided via web and cvs. After I've written
> > it, I'll get feedback and rewrite it a few times. We should be ready
> > for a Zope 3 release by 2010. :/
>
> Or you can make it so abstract that nobody understands it.  You won't
> get any feedback so you get to release in January 2002, at which point
> you'll get feedback and you'll be fixing the released code, which
> becomes a mess that you won't have resolved by 2020. :/

I wonder if this problem is behind some of the issues with Zope 2?

I know this is all difficult, but I'd spent an hour trying to get my head around any of the stuff in
this thread and the naming thread with only very limited success...

I guess the problem is that most of us don't have enough of the picture (or time to get enough of
the picture) to really comment, and by the time it gets to a point where we can understand it in the
time we can afford to devote to it, it will have moved beyond the point where valid criticisms can
be acted on.

...or something like that :-S

Can anyone think of a solution to this?

cheers,