[Zope3-dev] Re: URLs & Paths

sean.bowman@acm.org sean.bowman@acm.org
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:10:58 -0600 (CST)

hi,

> To get the contact "view" presentation, you'd use:
>
>   .../aContact/view;view
>
> where here the name "view" names both a specific presentation
> component and the presentation namespace.

I don't quite understand this.  Why is the "view" there twice?  And what
exactly is a "presentation namespace?"  The word "namespace" makes me
think of referring to names in the view component that are defined in the
content, but that doesn't seem to be what's going on here.

> Let me try to clarify. To me, "acquire" means find something in a
> place/context. Component lookup is always placeful.

I don't exactly understand this, either; there seems to be some tension
between the use of ";acquire" as in ".../aContact/foo;acquire" and the
statement above.  If "foo" is a component and component lookup is
placeful, why do we have to add an explicit instruction to ";acquire" ?

Sean