[Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 21:57:18 -0500

From: "Stephan Richter" <srichter@cbu.edu>
> Hello Lalo,
>
> >I propose to base the Zope3 ZMI on the Plone CMF skin (designed primarily
by
> >the talented Alexander Limi and Vidar Andersen with important coding by
Alan
> >Runyan), which can be seen at http://plone.org.
>
> I have nothing to object, since Plone has exactly the "slickness" I am
> looking for. However, I would like to see a Plone skin in the standard
Zope
> blue colors.

Hi--I just wanted to weigh in on this briefly.  I used Plone for a quick
project and was both impressed with the slick design and dismayed by the
slowness.  I peripherally followed a conversation about this on one of the
lists which said that at least part of the issue was that the ZPT code
itself needs to be optimized a bit more to get it up to DTML's speed.

Whatever the case, even if I am remembering this incorrectly, please do keep
speed in mind when adapting the very slick Plone look to Zope3.  And
congratulations on a great looking skin--we would be lucky indeed to have
Zope3 look as professional.

Gary