[Zope3-dev] Are there Graphic Designers?

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 01:11:12 -0300

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 09:57:18PM -0500, Gary Poster wrote:

> Hi--I just wanted to weigh in on this briefly.  I used Plone for a quick
> project and was both impressed with the slick design and dismayed by the
> slowness.  I peripherally followed a conversation about this on one of the
> lists which said that at least part of the issue was that the ZPT code
> itself needs to be optimized a bit more to get it up to DTML's speed.

There are many problems involved - zpt, cmf, cmf skinning, and
cmf filesystem-based objects are the top of the list.

The Zope3 version of the skin will have none (well, just zpt), so it will
run as fast as any other zpt-based skin.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)      ---       http://www.BroDar.org/
Python Foundry Guide http://www.sf.net/foundry/python-foundry/