[Zope3-dev] Re: method and content namespaces

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
17 Apr 2002 11:11:54 -0300

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 10:21, Steve Alexander wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
> > Steve,
> >
> > I think you added support for method and content namespaces
> > for container traversal.  I'd like to change this around a bit:
> >
> > - There will be standard namespaces:
> >
> >   attribute -- Any attribute, including methods
>
> How about abbreviating it to "attr" ?
>
>    tal:content="attr/name"

-1

We're no longer using punch card readers or communicating with our
servers thru 300bps terminals. I'm a Linux only user and a happy one at
that, but I'd rather be writing /user/binaries, specially since I have
autocompletion in my shell and in my text editor. I think it was D.
Ritchie that said that if he could come back in time and do that unix
thing again, he'd have writen 'creat' with an 'e' in the end.

> >   item -- Mapping item (not container item unless container also
> >           does mapping)
>
> How about "map" or "mapping" instead?
>
>    tal:content="map/foo"

+.5

I think that avoiding 'item' is a good think. The word is overused ("see
I told you I had 3 items in my container, an index_html, a
standard_html_header and a standard_html_footer!"). Don't know if
'mapping' or 'map' are good substitutes. 'map' is better (sounds like an
imperative to me), but would be the wrong name if the item access in
this case was a sequence access, not a dictionary one. Although, in the
case of path expressions, we won't have automatic integer conversions
(for example if path is "item/3") so we might as well stay with 'map'.

> >   accessor -- Name is an accessor function that gets called
>
> Please explain what this means.

+1 :-) didn't get that one too