[Zope3-dev] separation of view hierarchy

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:53:50 -0500

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 05:40, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> I'd like to repeat here that the view developer target
> audience will not contain people with names like 'Stephan Richter' and
> 'Guido van Rossum'. :) My argument is that the requirements for
> view developers are different from those developing other zope 3
> components.
>
> Please discuss!

Originally I had a big problem with this idea, simply because now I cannot
just take a directory and tar it up and have a functional piece. However, in
the light of modularizing much of the code, I think I start to like it. But
if we do that we better have something like an package database, which keeps
track of which files go together to make one pakcage (I think here of an
RPM-like system).

Note: It is finals week and I have no time to answer elaborately.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter