[ZODB-Dev] Fwd: [Zope3-dev] directory hierarchy proposal (Martijn Faassen)

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:57:42 +0000

> And, if the goal is for Zope 3 to eventually use Zope 2 code, you're
> inviting dependencies and incompatibilities to creep in if you mask the
> fact that these are supposed to be components that can be separately
> distributed and used.

If the semantics of the persistent base class are going to change at all
between Zope 2 and Zope 3, and we want to allow Zope 2 code to run on
Zope 3, it is an advantage to have different Persistence packages, so
that the Zope 3 package that is where the Zope 2 package was can contain
the compatibility code.

--
Steve Alexander