[Zope3-dev] Alpha 1 Plans

Jim Fulton jim@ZOPE.COM
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:48:58 -0500

Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> At 11:41 17/12/2002, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> I've been wondering if the rotterdam skin was ready for the alpha.
>

> In rotterdam skin current state, there is no access to service manager.
> So this at least should be done.

OK.  One think I'd like to add is an actions menu. I suggest we make accessing
a service manager an action of a service manager container.

Can you or someone do some thinking about where to put an actions menu?

I'll create an actions menu and put it somewhere in the basic skin and
then you could just tie it into the rotterdam skin.

I'll then tie the service manager navigation (and undo and find) into the
actions menu.

> When looking to the standard service manager, I must say I have no clue
> how it is supposed to be used.
> Took a look at connection and Gadfly DA, did not understand more...
>
> IOW, even if I would be willing to, I see no way of helping to integrate
> service manager in the skin without getting explanations about what
> packages are for example.
>
> Is there doc somewhere ? or someone willing to help me on that ?

I'm going to write up some documentation on how this all works. I
understand that a lot of people were confused by this.  Many people
are confused by the TTW configuration mechanism. I hope that this is
partly because I showed a bunch of features and steps that you don't need all
the time and made it look harder than it is.  In my writeup, I'll explain
the goals I'm trying to achieve so maybe someone can suggest better UI
designs for it.