[Zope3-dev] Proposal: Rename ObjectHub service to ContentHub service

Steve Alexander s.alexander@lancaster.ac.uk
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:30:33 +0000

Hi folks,

When an ObjectHub is used as a service, that service's name is
"ObjectHub". However, ObjectHub components can be used by applications
in other ways that don't involve use as a service.

Often when talking about ObjectHubs, I get confused as to whether I'm
talking about the ObjectHub service, or about ObjectHubs in general
encompassing uses as a service and other uses.

Therefore, I propose that the ObjectHub service is renamed the
ContentHub service.

Nothing else would change -- the ContentHub service would still be
implemented by an ObjectHub. We'd still talk about hubIds.

Please reply to this email stating approval, disapproval or indifference
using the standard -1 -0 +0 +1 method, along with rationale if you wish.
Alternatively, reply suggesting something different.

Thanks.

--
Steve Alexander