[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 learning curve?

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:26:18 -0600

>One major reason that I think this is so is that more people (like me) are
>making their living doing Zope work, and those that are inclined will be
>regular long-term contributors, to support their own vested interests.

Yep, this is a good point. That is certainly true for me as well.

>That said, I think it is wrong to think that the community will do the
>majority of the architecture of Zope 3 or beyond (Zope 4K?). I would think it
>would be in ZC's best interest to continue to take that lead.

Well, even though I intend to do some of the architecture of Zope 3, I will
keep checking with Jim and Tres whether I do the right decision of course -
and Jim will usually disagree the first time around <grin>. (But just
implementing would be too boring. ;-)

>However, I
>think the grunt work of implementation and maintainence will be shifted over
>to the community in the long term. Since probably more than 90% of Zope was
>written by ZC, even a 75%-25% split would be a big change.

I think it might land at 50-50. ;-)

Regards,
Stephan

--