[Zope3-dev] Associations

Janko Hauser jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:52:36 +0100

Casey Duncan writes:
 > Cool, I definitely think an interface layer that sits
 > somewhere between a BTree and the current catalog is a
 > very practical idea that could have many uses.

Is it a given, that the `repository` is implemented with a BTree?

 > On a slightly lower level note: What is the current
 > state of the thinking for a Zope events system that
 > can allow this type of system to be practical?
 >
 > That is something to replace the current afterAdd,
 > beforeDelete hooks, etc. hopefully in a more robust
 > form. I think that needs to be worked out before
 > something like this will be truely useful.

I see questions in regards of application specific events. I mean, a
Zope site is not one application, and different apps should implement
there own signal handler. Can this work, as the catalog now, that one
can put one at different locations? How can different components in
one app intercept an event, like dtml-doc.delete?

I know, just questions, but I try to get a grasp of the different use
cases.

__Janko