[Zope3-dev] How does Zope.Configuration work?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:12:00 -0500

> I think if you are going to create a "hello world"
> app, then maybe you are using the wrong tool for the
> job. To me, Zope 3 is an application server, meant as
> a tool for developing and deploying complex
> applications that are much more than a couple html
> files and a guestbook script.

"Hello world" is relative.  The job board demo was intended to be the
"hello world" of Zope 3: a very simple task that can act as a check
that you've got your development environment set up and shows you the
first step of programming *in that environment*.  (Well, maybe "hello
world" would be an even simpler app, e.g. one that displays a single
object.  But it's pretty close.)