[Zope3-dev] Inaugural Zope 3 Mini-Newsletter

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:43:37 +0000 (UTC)

Gary Poster  <gary@zope.com> wrote:
>   I18N: a W3C standard for internationalization; includes Unicode.  See
>   http://www.w3.org/International/

I'd like to point out that i18n effort has no connection to the effort
of the W3C in that direction, except for the fact that we'll be using
some of the HTML/HTTP features relating to i18n.

In Zope, i18n covers all that is needed to have an application be able
to be switched from one language to another, or being able to support
multiple languages at the same time, be it for its interface or for its
content objects themselves. That covers input and output encoding,
translatability and actual translation of views and contents, the tools
and formats necessary to provide those translations, maybe even the
translation workflows that authors will use.

Florent