[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/OFS/Services/SmtpService/Views - __init__.py:1.1 configure.zcml:1.1

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
29 Oct 2002 09:19:38 +0800

Hi

Whether someone specifically needs SMTP integrated as a protocol in Zope
3, I would imagine would really be up to individual requirements,
however I would like to think it is possible and fairly straight forward
to do such a thing.  Being able to "plug in" (probably not the correct
term as plug-in is often misused ;-) new protocols, or at least
implement new protocols in Zope 3, in a straight forward and well
documented manner would have to be a big attractor and feature of Zope
3.

I think we do need to have a protocol framework, and sure many protocols
aren't shipped with Zope 3, (ie Jabber support)

Just my 2c worth

Tim