[Zope3-dev] Protocol support was [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/OFS/Services/SmtpService/Views - __init__.py:1.1 configure.zcml:1.1

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:01:42 +0100

Gary Poster wrote:
> Tim's observations make a lot of sense to me.  Two opinions:

[snip two opinions]

> *If some people are willing to guide me or get me started on # 3 (who?
> I know Stephan knows this but is busy at Doctorate) then I'm willing to
> write up a first draft.*

'# 3?' So what's your third opinion? This some secret PSU thing? :)

Anyway, I agree with your opinions; we should have a clear set of
interfaces (documented) about how to plug in other protocols. I also
think easy packaging/installation of protocol support needs serious attention.
(see also my previous mail saying about the same thing)

Regards,

Martijn