[Zope3-dev] Making a JobBoardEditView, issues

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:26:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
> I did write up some experiences late last night as I shifted to playing
> around with an XML-RPC view, which I plan to play with some more today
> after some Labor Day festivities.
>
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0106123/2002/09/02.html

If you do a HowTo, you may want to note that lib/python/ZopeProducts
needs to have an (empty) __init__.py.  I checked out ZopeProducts
from CVS into my lib/python directory and it took me a little while
to understand the error message I got when I uncommented the
JobBoardEx inclusion in products.zcml.  Left over Z2 thinking <grin>.
Or maybe I should check in an __init__.py?

I still must be doing something wrong/missing some info, though,
because I don't see anything related to JobBoard on the add
menu.

On a different topic, in your blog, in your XMLRPCView subclass
you do:

	__implements__ = XMLRPCView.__implements__

Is there a technical or stylistic reason for doing this?  I would
think leaving it out would be equivalent, as __implements__ would
be inherited from the base class, right?  If it is important to
do this, I think I should make a note in the style guide.

By the way, your link to JobBoardEx is broken (it's relative instead
of absolute).

--RDM