[Zope3-dev] MessageID as rocks?

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
17 Apr 2003 11:32:28 -0400

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 03:13, Marius Gedminas wrote:

>   TypeError: issubclass() arg 1 must be a class
>
> I added a debugging print there and found, that obj is a security
> proxied dict {'template_usage': u'spam'}.  issubclass gets <type 'dict'>
> as its first argument and barfs.

This is actually a bit of a lie (not you Marius, the debugging print! :)

That first argument was a proxy so repr() and str() are both
transparent.  You need to print the type() of the first argument and
then it's clear a proxy was getting passed.

I just checked in a fix, which removes all proxies from the object's
__class__ before doing the issubclass() tests.

-Barry