ZCML -- was Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: i18n domains vs. unique message ids -OR- whyShakespearean English was better

Shane Hathaway shane at zope.com
Mon Aug 18 17:29:00 EDT 2003

Stephan Richter wrote:
> While Godefroid and Martijn argued heavily for other options, they would
> require serious changes in the ZCML framework, which would require a detailed
> proposal. Note that we just came out of a ZCMLgeddon and everyone who looked
> at the results closely likes it a lot, so that it is very unlikely that a
> proposal for a rewrite will be accepted.

I understand, though I think it's unfortunate.  I find it quite
difficult to read or write ZCML, and as a result, I haven't worked on
Zope 3 for a long time.

Rather than complain about it, I did some experiments with configuration
syntax in the Ape project, and I'm quite happy with the results.  I
think Zope 3 could benefit from the things I learned.  But maybe the
group isn't ready to listen now.

Incidentally, I'm way off topic, so I've changed the subject line. :-)

Shane