[Zope3-dev] Re: ZCML

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Aug 18 17:49:33 EDT 2003

On Monday 18 August 2003 16:29, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> I understand, though I think it's unfortunate.  I find it quite
> difficult to read or write ZCML, and as a result, I haven't worked on
> Zope 3 for a long time.

I find ZCML really easy to read and write. I have usually no troubles finding
anything or adding something.

> Rather than complain about it, I did some experiments with configuration
> syntax in the Ape project, and I'm quite happy with the results.  I
> think Zope 3 could benefit from the things I learned.  But maybe the
> group isn't ready to listen now.

From your previous comments I gathered that you simply take a different
approach and I agree with some others that I do not like it that much. I
prefer attributes instead of tag elements.

Note also that ZCML is extremly modular at this stage. You simply define a
schema that describes your directive and then make a meta directive
implementing the directive. It is super easy and really nice.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter