[Zope3-dev] Realistic Zope 3 roadmap ?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Thu Dec 4 09:05:15 EST 2003

I have a project for a customer that i have been working on for years
now. I want to do a re-write of the project. Or rather I want to do
another project that does the same thing, only better.

And I could use Plone, but there are a lot of little things I don't
really like about Plone/CMF.

I understand that Zope X3 isn't ready yet, but according to the roadmap
it should be done by April. Is that still realistic?

I know that the rewrite will take at least a year, with all the things I
got planned. So I wonder if I should do it directly in Zope3.

(I also want to learn Z3)

Is there any idea as to when a (nearly) feature complete version of ZX3
is available?

Is Milestone 4 close enough to feature complete ,so that I can start
developing in it without having to completely rewrite everything many times?

I have searched the web, but the information is slightly contradictory,
or at least completely out of date.

ie:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/RoadMap
like "There is a lot left to do"

And if I go to that page, it only shows what needs to be done for
milestone 3, but M4 is allready done.

regards Max M