[Zope3-dev] forms and schemas

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:20:13 +0200

Marcus J. Ertl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm just trying to do some work on schemas and forms, end have some
> questions and problems:
>
> 1.) zcml and form-namespace
> I've tried to define my own forms using some schemas. But using
> something like <form:edit>...</form:edit> allways gaves an error to me!
> I can't find any definitions about this namespace!

There is no form: namespace that I know about.

Try browser:edit instead.

> 2.) Is it possible to change/create schemas at runtime?

Yes.

> How do I do this? Is there some documentation or example code?

One approach -- code generation -- is in src/zope/app/schemagen

You can also construct an interface object that has fields. This is
easier, and is fine provided you don't need your schema to be resolved
at a particular dotted-module-name.

> 3.) Do local utilities work now with CVS-Checkout? How may I give them
> a GUI?

I don't think that local utilities work yet.

--
Steve Alexander