[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 branding

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:07:09 -0800

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 01:22:30PM -0300, Luciano Ramalho wrote:
> Version numbers for current Zope 2 should be incremented, including
> major numbers, to reflect significant new funcionality and to avoid
> transmitting an image of stagnation. (Perhaps Zope 2.7 should be
> released as 3.0 as a clear sign of the new scheme).

-1 on that one. It's clear as mud. "Zope 3" is already too heavily
identified as "the big rewrite that will change everything".
And what about 2.7 is so different that it merits a major version
number change? Nothing that I'm aware of.  2.7 is a perfectly good
name for it.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com