[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:00:36 -0400

On Sunday 13 July 2003 18:35, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Everbody else I talk to complains about the separation of presentation,
> interfaces, and application code. =A0Typically, people who work on
> application, interface, and presentation code have to work on
> three areas of the tree. =A0Often people are forced to edit three
> files with the same name and maintain two related configuration files.

I was probably one of the main "complainers" about the last reason (same fi=
le=20
name).

> What do folks think about this? =A0Would people like to see a change?
> Suggestions?

I got used to it. Really, the flatter tree versus different file names are=
=20
equal tradeoffs for me, so any way is fine. I just cannot come up with=20
something better.

Some people still do not follow all the right "flat tree" conventions, whic=
h=20
makes the tree deeper at places than it should be. One thing that could be=
=20
shortened is the name "interfaces" to "ifaces", no? I notice that especiall=
y=20
these imports are very long.

Regards,
Stephan