[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes ratherthaninterfaces.

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:14:33 -0400

At 09:07 AM 7/18/03 +1200, Peter Simmons wrote:

>Sounds a little bit like people just don't wanna spend the effort doing
>the docs. In my opinion if that starts to occur the quality of the project
>will degrade. And we also run the risk of having to introduce magic
>because we are wrapping things that we don't understand (because they
>aren't documented).
>
>Just my 2c. I think it would be great to be able to look up good docs in a
>years time for anything in the core at least.

If I understand correctly, we are not talking about code for the core.  We
are talking about how a new developer of Zope 3 applications - specifically
a Python programmer who likes Python's flexibility and simplicity - may be
expected to react to the number of hoops they will need to jump through in
order to get a simple application working.

If a system is easy to build small applications with, it will be used to
build large applications.  That's because most large applications grow from
small applications, and the rest don't work.  ;)