[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/zope/app/browser/skins/rotterdam - template.pt:1.25

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Fri, 02 May 2003 14:09:45 +0200

Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>I would like to note that this was implemented by people in Rotterdam
>>at the sprint, and some of those are still hacking away on it as
>>far as I know -- Godefroid Chapelle for instance. Godefroid's been
>>working on the UI for quite a long time and last I knew at the sprint
>>in Louvain-la-Neuve he still was. He responded to Guido too on
>>the overflow issue, if I recall right. Anyway, what I mean is that
>>it's not some dead code lingering around, unless Godefroid says so. :)
>

> Well, it looks pretty dead to me -- Godefroid didn't offer to fix the
> problem. :-(  So, from a practical POV, it's pushing up the daisies.
> Bereft of life, it is no more. :-)

I don't think that's entirely fair.  As you know, Godefroid had trouble
building Zope 3 until the day before this message.

If I was in Godefroid's place, I wouldn't feel too motivated.  Having
your work removed because "it doesn't look right" and "it looked pretty
dead to me" isn't the best way to attract people to feel ownership.

I think there's still room in the process for directly asking the
relevant owner (Godefroid) what they think.

--Paul