[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/zope/app/browser/skins/rotterdam - template.pt:1.25

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 02 May 2003 11:07:41 -0400

> > Well, it looks pretty dead to me -- Godefroid didn't offer to fix
> > the problem. :-( So, from a practical POV, it's pushing up the
> > daisies.  Bereft of life, it is no more. :-)
>
> I don't think that's entirely fair.  As you know, Godefroid had
> trouble building Zope 3 until the day before this message.

No, I didn't know that.

> If I was in Godefroid's place, I wouldn't feel too motivated.
> Having your work removed because "it doesn't look right" and "it
> looked pretty dead to me" isn't the best way to attract people to
> feel ownership.

I had no idea who wrote that code; AFAIK the Rotterdam skin had
collective ownership.  And I didn't remove anything, I just commented
it out, and then immediately posted to the list about it, which was
intended as a hint: please fix it so it can be uncommented.

> I think there's still room in the process for directly asking the
> relevant owner (Godefroid) what they think.

Godefroid already responded to my post:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2003-April/006754.html

I didn't get the impression he regretted my commenting it out until
someone had time to fix it.  I'm happy that it's uncommented now that
Tres has fixed the box overflow issue.