[Zope3-dev] Re: Mini proposal: simpify presentation-lookup api

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Apr 1 12:16:46 EST 2004

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>> In the docstrings, you talk about presentations, but the methods are
>>> called {get|query}Presenter. I think they should be called
>>> {get|query}Presentation. That's also inline with the service being
>>> called Presentation Service, the service for Adapters being called
>>> Adapter Service, etc. etc.
>>

>> Presenter is shorter. I'm open to even shorter names. :)
>

> I distinctly remember you ruling explicitness in names (even if it means
> long names) over short names. This is a case where I agree with this
> policy of yours :)

Great, but we haven't proved that there aren't short names that are
meaningful.

>> We can rename the service.
>

> -1

You aren't -1 on renaming the service are you? You are -1 on
"presentor", right?

> A presentation is clear. A presentator is not. The endswith('or')
> implies an actor, a (real) person doing something.

But a presentation component presents an object, just like
an adapter adapts an object.

Would you prefer "getAdaptation", and an "Adaptation Service"