[Zope3-dev] Separate presentation packages

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Feb 17 07:23:38 EST 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 04:51, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > I think Martijn has a good point here. We are thinking so hard about the
> > 5-10% of the time you have the uncommon case, that we forget about what
> > people will usually want to do. And I bet now that it will not be common
> > to replace the UI. It is just too much work to do it consistently.
>
> I don't agree. This was huge complaint about Z2.  It was a motivation
> for CMF skins.  People don't necessarily create multiple presentations
> for applications, but they often want to replace the presentation of
> products they get to make them consistent with their application
> presentations.

Well, people want to replace bits and pieces. That's fine, but people will not
develop entire UIs. So instead of aiming at people that replace entire UIs,
we should aim at people that change bits and pieces for which I think that
the  solution in my previous is much more workable and sensible.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter