[Zope3-dev] Can we provide a Zope3 Collective?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Jul 1 07:22:11 EDT 2004

On Thursday 01 July 2004 03:29, Roger ineichen wrote:
> What's a good place for to put Zope3 products.

If you develop a 3rd party application or high-level package (i.e.
bugtracker), you should get up on codespeak.net. If the package is something
that is very core, like RDB DAs, then I think they should go into
svn.zope.org, since it forces the package to be ZPL 2.1. This way people do
not have to worry about licenses for very core add-ons.

BTW, we do not use the term product anymore.

> Do we have a subversion repository for to replace the CVS?

For zope.org, it is cvs.zope.org --> svn.zope.org.

> I think it whould be nice to have a area with working
> products for Zope3 like the bugtracker which is accessible
> with subversion.

I agree.

> Or is the codespeak the new place for Zope3 products?

It is one place.

> I hope there is a way for to hold Zope3 products together
> in something like a "collective" in plone.

Yes, I think both codespeak and zope.org provide that.

> What do you mean is there a way for doing this before we
> have many different repositories?

Yes, there is. In fact there are two repositories. One is just not advertised.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter