AW: AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: Can we provide a Zope3 Collective?

Roger ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Fri Jul 2 08:44:57 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:

> > - generic LDAP adapter
> > - LDAP authentication
>
> Nicholas Seckar seems to work on that now.

Do you mean Nicolas Évrard?

I support him if I have the time.

We have two open question on this.

1. jim says we should add a top-level-folder in the
   subversion repository for packages whit dependency
   to othe non-zope based packages. The LDAP package we
   try to implement has such a dependency to the ldap-python
   package.

   What name do you prefere? Is the name z3addons Ok?
   Do you have a better name?

   e.g.
   svn.zope.org/z3addons/ldap/trunk

   I hope we just add stuff there where we can support in a long therm.

   BTW;
   Can we move the bugtracker to this place and make this package
   working? We should split supported and unsupported packages out of the
old
   products3 and packages3 repos.

2. Can we change the interface like Nicolas told in a earlier mail?

-----
In fact I see this code that according to my understanding put a too strong
dependecy of SimplePrincipal towards BtreePrincipalSource:

    class SimplePrincipal(Persistent, Contained):

        implements(IUserSchemafied, IBTreePrincipalSourceContained)

So I think that SimplePrincipal should be renamed BTreePrincipal.

Or the second implemented class could be IPrincipalSourceContained, but then
every PrincipalSource should implement IContainer (its seems logical that
something that is implementing IContained must be "into" a class
implementing IContainer but I might be wrong).
-----

Thanks for comments
Regards
Roger