[Zope3-dev] Workflows

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon May 3 14:26:14 EDT 2004

On Monday 03 May 2004 12:38, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> The recent check for precondition now raises an InvalidItemType when
> adding the Workflow Manager to the site....

Uugh, please add this to the bug collector. I will have a look at it, when
revising the cookbook.

> I've seen that Stephan moved some implementation to stateful package,
> but it's not clear to me if workflows are planned for 1.0 release...

Workflows are planned to be in the X3.0 release. I worked very hard on keeping
them organized and working. It will be part of the cookbook as well.

> If yes, What's the best way to use them? Digging the tests it *seems* to
> me that the only thing to do is to add programmaticaly a manager and a
> StatefulProcessDefinition, but now I'm not sure at all!

I think the cookbook is your best bet. Other than some API changes (moving
around of packages), this recipe should be pretty much up-to-date.

Workflows do not require any programmatic setup. It all works through the web.
Once the above bug is fixed, the steps in the cookbook should work.

> Btw... why in the cookbook recipe is necessary to add a folder site?
> Cannot workflows be handled without that step?

Nope. A folder must be a site, since you can add all these workflow objects in
SiteManager objects. Note that the root folder is always a site from the
beginning.

Regards,
Stephan
--