[Zope3-dev] Removing I18nFile and I18nImage from X3.0

Dmitry Vasiliev lists at hlabs.spb.ru
Thu Sep 30 07:29:04 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> when I18nFile and I18nImage were origianlly developed they were a proof of
> concept on how to to I18n'ed content. However, it was always only a prototype
> and sanity check during early development. The current state of the two
> components is rather sad, since they have not been properly maintained. I
> therefore propose to remove the two from the X3.0 release; no other code
> should depend on it.
>
> Objections?

+1

Some time ago I thought about some sort of I18n container - so someone
can select a page for one language and a folder for another language,
for example. This should be useful since sites often have different
navigation trees for different languages.

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
     http://hlabs.spb.ru