[Zope3-dev] Bobo branch status?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Apr 26 13:35:01 EDT 2005

Amos Latteier wrote:
> I've been thinking about some simple web applications that I'd like to
> do with Zope 3. For these projects I won't need stuff like folders and
> the ZODB. I've been looking at the jim-bobo branch, and I find it pretty
> appealing. I like the idea of just using object publishing and the
> component architecture.
>
> The last checkin message says that there is an
> issue with Python-defined adapters.

I've since added apis for creating these more easily.
(e.g. component.provideAdapter).

 > I've done some playing around it I
> am able to create and use Python-defined adapters to create
> IBrowserPublisher adapters. The main problem I have is that that if the
> adapter adapts (Interface, Interface) then the adapted object must
> implement *some* interface.

Try (None, None).  None is what's uses when you specify "*"
in ZCML.  We've always made a distiction between objects
that declare some interface and those that don't.  We've pretty
much decided to drop this distinction. I even had some changes
that made it so, but we decided not to put them in 3.0.
Maybe we should consider dropping this distiction for 3.1.

> Does anyone (OK, I guess I mean Jim) know of any issues I should be
> aware of when using this stuff?

No, other than from my point of view, the "features" of Bobo will
ve defined from the evolving story and so far, due to other commitments,
I haven't gotten past  "Hello world". :)