[Zope3-dev] Re: CSS-Style-Guide / looking for help

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Mon Feb 14 09:10:30 EST 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Friday 11 February 2005 17:22, Roger Ineichen wrote:
>
>>This is out of scope right now.
>>I like such ideas, but we are on a lower level right now.
>

> I agree; it would make much of the frameworks unnecessarily complicated. I
> would be happy with simple class definitions myself.
>
> I would be also interested in reading what HTML elements should be used in
> which scenarios. When to use tables and when to use dictionaries for example.

What are HTML dictionaries, did you mean definition lists?

I find it difficult to discuss the correct HTML markup. Tables for
layout, the correct heading level, using definition lists for something
that is not a definition, class names and id names, b, i, br, the
correct doctype, etc.

We need to define at least the browser support level and the
accessibility level before we can discuss the correct use of HTML
elements, IMHO.

An then there are the WCAG, HTML specs of course.

Tonico