[Zope3-dev] Re: Bug 358/359, 367 fixed

Paul Everitt paul at zope-europe.org
Wed Feb 23 06:12:05 EST 2005

I agree.  To address Chris' complaint, we need a little background then
a little discussion.

During the Rotterdam sprint long, long ago, the UI team and the
sprinters as a whole agreed that the Zope 3 UI should be aimed at
business users.  It should offer better performance, be more attractive,
  and it was OK to focus on certain browsers.

(Whether the performance or attractive goals were met isn't important to
this discussion.)

Since then, though, some Zope 3 folks not at that sprint have expressed
issues with the choice.  Ultimately, it isn't clear to me who the
default Zope 3 web UI is for: users or developers.

Saying "it look good in all browsers" either means a UI from the glory
days of HTML 3.2, or more work than there currently are UI workers in
Zope 3.  From a triage perspective, I think we have to be realistic
about what browsers are supported, and that means a better understanding
of who is and isn't going to use the web UI.

Just my two centimes.

--Paul