[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Mar 18 11:59:46 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 11:37:38AM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
[snip]
> I'm just going to address ZODB here:  Zope 2.8 trunk _currently_ uses
> an unreleased version of ZODB (some snapshot of in-progress work
> following 3.3.1a1), so moving to a released ZODB version is necessary
> in any case.  Someone needs to stitch in released versions of ZConfig
> and zdaemon too.
>
> That being so, it's much better to move to ZODB 3.4, and even if it's
> 3.4.0a1.

Understood. Anyway, I was never doubting the technical reason to do
this makes sense, but this is an artifact of the long delay before the
release happened; if the release had been a year ago, building it on
ZODB 3.3 would've been fine. :)

Anyway, the amalgated "oh, wait, we still need this and that to happen",
which included the ZODB release, turned out to be rather frustrating.

Regards,

Martijn