[Zope3-dev] Zope X3.1 Feature Freeze

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Fri Mar 18 13:02:08 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> As far as I know, we've never officially deprecated ZClasses,
> If the community wants to do that, I won't object, but a lot of
> people will be hurt.

Hurt how?`They might think "Oh, that's too bad', but 2.7 works, and it's
obvius that the features of 2.8 is not so necessary to people to make
them scream about it...

So, since the major feature of 2.8 is to take a step forwards towards
3.0 compaitibility with new classes and all that, why would it hurt
ZClass people not to be able to use Zope2.8? Thay are not loosing any
functionality...

> Backward compatibility is very important.  We can't just remove
> an important feature just because it's inconvenient to support it.

Nothing gets removed. Zope 2.7 still exists...

> If someone wants to get rid of ZClasses, they'd better ask the
> larger Zope comminity what *they* think about it.

Sure. I'm just voicing my opinion here, and *I* don't see a problem with
2.8 not supporting ZClasses.