[Zope3-dev] Re: [DraftProposals] (edit)

Pjotr Prins pjotr2006 at thebird.nl
Tue Dec 19 05:22:30 EST 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 11:11:21PM -0800, Christian Theune wrote:
> I don't think so. The Zope 3 wiki was built up as, and still is, a resource for the development *of* Zope 3. We shouldn't

So according to you ZOPE3 is still an engineering project as the main
Wiki/Documentation site is basically a resource for the development of
ZOPE. Indeed, this is the way ZOPE3 is presented to the outside world
now. It is my impression and I am acting on that.

People starting with ZOPE, or implementing with ZOPE, get lost in
documentation about *proposals* on ZOPE.

Place yourself in the shoes of someone new to ZOPE3 and trying to
find his/her way.

That should matter to you.

Let me phrase it as a technical challenge (so the engineer can
understand it):

How do you create a web resource for ZOPE3 that allows people to find
and resolve implementation issues easily? Without them having to wade
through (alive or dead) proposals? And how do you trick search
engines not to expose these proposals?

Pj.