[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 as a reliable platform?!?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 06:43:39 EDT 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 September 2006 08:26, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> I think in the future, we should resist minor api tweaks just to
>> improve spelling slightly.
>
> I disagree, if the API violates the style guide.

This is precicely the kind of thinking that annoys me at this stage.

So what if it violates some style guide? People are likely using that
code as it is, don't break it for aesthetics sake, please!

> completely. Unfortunately I did not look closer at it before the inclusion in
> the core, otherwise I would have strongly argued against it until those
> violations were fixed.

But Stephan, you are not the arbitrator of what goes into the core and
doesn't...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk