[Zope3-dev] Please don't use svn.zope.org urls in distutils homepage urls

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Aug 27 10:26:18 EDT 2007

On Aug 25, 2007, at 4:59 AM, Lorenzo Gil Sanchez wrote:

Thanks for replying.  I meant to make another reply but fogot.

> Well, probably I was to fast predicting the causes of my problem. They
> only thing I know is that a couple of months ago I could browse the
> repository without any problem and suddenly I start getting a default
> Apache page and a lot of permission denied errors while trying to
> do the
> same. I'm sure I was browsing the same URL (http://svn.zope.org)
> since I
> had it on my bookmarks.
>
> Oddly enough, after this message thread I can browse the repository
> again from the device and I swear I didn't change any proxy
> configuration or anything at all.

Your client id was being blocked because it was used by a poorly-
behaved spider. It was blocked to block the spider.  We'ev unblocked
it and are hoping that the spider doesn't come back.  If it does,
we'll find some other way to block it.  In any case, it had nothing
to do with blocking setuptools.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org